About the Campus
About the Campus:
The college came under the administrative control of the Department of Agriculture, Mysore State after reorganization of states in 1956 with an affiliation to Karnataka University. With the setting up of the first Agricultural University (University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru) in the state on 1st October 1965, the college became constituent of UAS, Bengaluru. The college celebrated Silver Jubilee of its formation in 1972 and the occasion was commemorated with starting of PG programme under the trimester system of education in twelve subjects. The college introduced new under graduate degree programme in Agricultural Marketing and Co-operation in the year 1976. The college has become constituent of UAS, Dharwad, the second Agricultural University formed in the State on 1st October 1986. The college celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 1998 during which the Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri H.D. Deve Gowda and Late Dr. M.S. Swaminathan, a renowned agriculture scientist were the Chief Guests.
To begin with, the B.Sc. (Agri) degree course was of three years duration with an annual evaluation system. Later on, it was converted to four years programme in the year 1952 under annual evaluation up to 1965-66. The new trimester system commenced from 1966-67 and continued until 1992 academic year. Later on, in 1992, the semester system of education was introduced in which an academic year comprised of two semesters consisting of not less than 21 weeks with a minimum of 105 instructional days. As per the recommendations of V Dean’s Committee report, the nomenclature of the under graduate degree programme has been changed as B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture.
Presently the College of Agriculture offers the degree programmes, viz., B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture and B.Sc. (Hons.) Agricultural Marketing and Co-operation, M.Sc. (Agri.) in fifteen disciplines, MBA in Agribusiness Management and Ph.D. in thirteen disciplines.